My mom is the only person that I know that could consider a potato a meal. She would throw a baked potato in the oven and when it was done, pull it out, season and butter it up, and munch down being completely satisfied. I like potatoes too, but more for a side dish than a whole meal! That was until I found these crispy parmesan potatoes on Spend with Pennies.
The picture alone had me salivating to try some. Later in the week, we were having a meatloaf so I figured it was the perfect time to try these. My husband looked less than pleased when he didn’t have his favorite mashed potatoes to go with his meat, but he reluctantly took a helping of these.
Without further complaint, he practically inhaled these. I ate all of my potatoes too and barely had room for my meatloaf. My kids couldn’t get enough of them. Now I make them all the time just by themselves in a bigger quantity. I know my family is going to be happy just eating these for a quick lunch or late dinner…or mid-day snack!
When we had a birthday party for my twins not long ago, I made these for our guests. I baked them as suggested until they were just about cooked through and then tossed them in the slow cooker on low until everyone arrived. These were the first things to go. I served them with sour cream and ketchup…for the kids. Everyone just loved them. Not only are they filling, but they are also super affordable to make! Check out what they are saying about this recipe over at Spend with Pennies:
“We have potatoes from the garden and they are going to go to good use with this.”
Use whatever potatoes you have on hand or whichever ones are your favorite. They will taste good no matter what!
To Make this Recipe You’Il Need the following ingredients:
Crispy Crunchy Parmesan Potatoes Recipe
- 4 medium potatoes, scrubbed (not peeled)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon McCormick’s garlic powder, onion powder & pepper
- ½ teaspoon parsley
- Morton salt to taste
- 4 tablespoons fresh parmesan cheese, divided
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees and line a pan with parchment paper.
- Slice potatoes ¼” thick and toss with olive oil seasoning and 2 tablespoons of parmesan cheese.
- Bake in a single layer about 30 minutes or until browned, flipping potatoes after 15 minutes.
- Once browned, top with remaining 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese and bake an additional 5 minutes or until cheese bubbles and browns.