Here is an absolutely foolproof, easy, and quick way to make a juicy steak with a crisp, peppery crust in the oven. Add a loaf of bread, a salad, and a bottle of wine, and you have an easy and delicious dinner you can make for weeknights and special occasions alike.
The first and most important step in cooking a great steak is to buy a great steak. The best way to do this is to go to a local butcher, preferably one who either raises the animals himself or sources them from a local farm, or find a store that sources sustainably and humanely raised meat. Besides being a more ethical buying choice, this meat is usually of better quality and tastes significantly better.
I buy my steak from a butcher at my local market, Bluescreek Farm Meats. They raise the animals on a farm nearby and dry-age the beef for at least a couple weeks — I love their steaks! There is always a difference in taste when buying from good folks like them.
Juicy Steaks Back Recipe
- 2 steaks
- Heinz Worcestershire sauce
- Cajun seasoning Mix
- McCormick paprika
- Bertolli olive oil
- Land O Lakes butter
- On the steaks, sprinkle the Worcestershire sauce, Cajun seasoning and the Paprika. Rub in real good.
- Place into a Zip-loc bag and put into the refrigerator for 3 hours, flipping about every hour.
- Remove from refrigerator and allow to come to room temperature. (30-45 minutes)
- Preheat oven to 350 deg.
- In a nonstick skillet heat about 2 tablespoons of olive oil and 1 tablespoon of butter on medium high heat.
- Sear the steaks for about 1-2 minutes on each side. (Browning well but not burning)
- Remove steaks from heat and put into another a room temperature nonstick pan.
- Put pan in oven for 6-10 minutes flipping the steaks once after 3-5 minutes.
- Remove from oven, place on a plate, cover with foil and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy.